Adventureland

Those that know me know I'm a bit of a Google Earth geek and this was a tool I used quite a bit in researching the Australia trip. When I've exhausted the usual searches I sometimes resort to just scanning the satellite imagery to see what I could find. In researching Sydney I came across this.

 Yep a wacky worm in a field. Further investigation revealed that it is a small park called Adventureland belonging to a showman who usually travels the rides around the state. I was assuming that if the ride wasn't on the road then it is set up here and the park opened up for the public, a way of keeping the revenue coming in. So it was a bit of gamble whether this would be open but with some time to spare we thought we'd check it regardless.

When we got there things were looking promising with a big sign and a smaller one further along indicating that it would be open on weekends.

However the land that had the coaster was now home to a little flume ride. Not so good!

The park was actually padlocked shut too with nobody around and the park given over to the animals for them to graze.

Around the side of the park we found a partial explanation. The wacky worm was loaded up on a truck so I guess it was either about to go to a site or had come back. Either way we weren't going to be riding the coaster today. It's worth checking it if in the area however. If you want to know where it is there's a clue in the satellite image above :)


No comments:

Post a Comment