Perth

With a bit of time spare before our flight to Melbourne I took a quick walk around the centre of Perth. This time was initially planned to be spent visiting King Carnival, a small park with an odd pseudo-coaster called Speed Skater but we discovered that part of the park was going to be closed today. C'est la vie!

The main shopping area in Perth is pedestrianised and home to some wonderful sculptures like this. I resisted the urge to attempt a diving somersault over him! 





Some of the more cooler art pieces I found in the alleyways off the main shopping streets.

The entrance to London Court. A small passage way of shops with a Ye Olde English theme.

In the little time I had to explore I quite liked Perth, it seemed quite relaxed and the weather was not as over bearing as in Indonesia. I did see an Aborigine beggar get into a fight with a local after he refused to give him a cigarette. Bonus!


No comments:

Post a Comment